At a glance: Kurdistan
Confirmed cases: 17,039
Actives cases: 6,256
Due to the expansion of the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) epidemic, the Kurdistan Region has implemented strict measures for containment.
- The international airports in Erbil and Slemani have reopened from 1 August.
- Travel within the Kurdistan Region governorates and between the Region and other Iraqi provinces is not allowed.
- All crossing points are closed to travellers.
- All public sport activities and religious events are cancelled in the whole Region.
If you are thinking of travelling to the Kurdistan Region, please find here important information from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG):
- Latest Information and Advice
- Current situation (updated constantly)
- دوایین زانیاری و ئامۆژگاری
- Information for Travellers
If you are resident in Austria, please find important information from the Austrian government and other Austrian sources (in German):