At a glance: Kurdistan
Confirmed cases: 107,549
Actives cases: 1,202
Due to the expansion of the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) epidemic, the Kurdistan Region has implemented strict measures for containment.
- Flights between Erbil and Vienna are operating again from 20 August.
- Governors will be given the authority to do the following in line with public health guidelines:
- Normalise travel between provinces and independent counties.
- Organise travel between the provinces and independent counties that border with Iraqi provinces.
- Exchange security forces in the Kurdistan Region between provinces and independent counties and between the Region and Iraqi provinces.
- The Ibrahim Khalil border crossing is open. Foreign nationals require permission from the Ministry of Interior.
- Most public and social activities are not permitted; some activities are allowed under strict sanitary conditions.
If you are thinking of travelling to the Kurdistan Region, please find here important information from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG):
- Latest Information and Advice
- Current situation (updated constantly)
- دوایین زانیاری و ئامۆژگاری
- Information for Travellers
If you are resident in Austria, please find important information from the Austrian government and other Austrian sources (in German):