Numbers and development of the epidemics
Austria has witnessed a moderate impact of the Coronavirus pandemic. As of 29. May, the numbers are as follows:
• Confirmed overall cases: 16.571
• Currently active cases: 556
• Deaths: 668
• Recovered: 15.347
• Hospitalised: 103
• Intensive care units: 25
• Tests: 434.302
The percentage of infection among the general population (prevalence), with an assumption of unreported cases of 235%, is 0,63%.
Find out more in the Dashboard of the Austria Ministry of Health.
Plan for re-opening
• On 29 May gyms, thermal baths, outdoor pools, hotels, guest houses, campsites and cinemas will open again. Guests must adhere to strict hygiene regulations and the owners must ensure that there is a distance of one meter between people.
• Some border crossings to neighboring countries such as Germany, Slovakia, Hungary and Switzerland have been reopened. However, movement is only permitted for reasons of necessity.
• Austrian Airlines will resume flight operations on 15 June. For the time being, the destinations announced are European cities and Tel Aviv.
Visit this page to know more about the Austrian social and economic response to the Covid-19 epidemic.