Austrian nationals can obtain a free-of-charge visa on arrival in the Kurdistan Region, which is valid for 15 days. This provision also applies to the following nationalities:
Europe: Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta , Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Croatia
Other: Australia, Canada, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, New Zealand, Qatar, South Korea, Turkey, USA, UAE
All other nationals (for example Kurds from Syria) are required to obtain a visa prior to travelling to the Region.
IMPORTANT: Only people living in Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic can apply for a visa at our office. If your country is not listed, please use this link to find the closest KRG Representation abroad to apply for a visa.
5 STEPS TO YOUR VISA FOR KURDISTAN
STEP 1 – Fill out the visa application online at http://austria.gov.krd/en/visaform/.
- Each person, including children, must fill out an online application.
- Fill the form out in Latin alphabet (no Arabic script).
- Review your application before you click “submit”. Mistakes will delay your visa.
- You cannot make a visa appointment without this completed online form.
STEP 2 – Call our office to make an appointment at +43 15050207.
- You will not be able to apply for a visa without an appointment.
- No cancellations.
STEP 3 – Come to your appointment on time and bring the following documents with you:
- 2 current EU passport photos (no older than 6 months)
- Passport (with over 6 months validity)
- residence permit
- Proof of address (Meldezettel)
- Confirmation of flight ticket to Kurdistan
- 10 Euros processing fees (plus a fee for post)
- People older than 18 years of age must apply in person.
- People under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian apply for them.
- Come to your appointment by yourself. Additional persons will not be allowed in.
- Backpacks or luggage will not be allowed in the office.
STEP 4 – We will contact you once your visa arrives.
- A visa application takes approximately 14 days to process. Do not contact us during this period.
STEP 5 – Pick up your visa at our office or have it delivered by post.
- You have to pay an additional fee for post.
- Your visa is a one-time entry, valid for 30 days within a 90-day period.
If you have further questions regarding the visa application, please contact us at: email@example.com.
TO PRINT: 5 Steps to your Visa for Kurdistan
IMPORTANT: If you have further questions regarding the VISA application, please contact only: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you cannot enter the rest of Iraq with this visa. Our office does not issue visas or passports for the Republic of Iraq. For this purpose, please contact the Embassy of Iraq in Vienna.